What are the benefits of the Alexander Technique?
When applied, the Technique can help you naturally overcome
• Muscle tension and stiffness
• Back, neck and joint pain
• Poor posture
• Breathing and vocal problems
• Anxiety and stress-related conditions
People use the technique to
• Improve performance and prevent injury in music, drama and sport
• Enhance business and presentation skills
• Develop ease and poise in movement
• Support pregnancy and childbirth
What is learnt in a lesson can be applied to any activity — from sitting at a computer with less tension, to exercising or gardening without strain, or to responding more calmly to your work environment and other stressful situations.
The Technique is of enormous benefit to everyone, even those who feel perfectly fit and completely free from aches and pains. However, many people come because of pain, having often exhausted every other avenue.
The Alexander Technique is suitable for people of all ages and levels of physical fitness.